Do you have the making of a great leader?
Are you visionary? Do you enjoy a challenge? Are you willing to take on responsibility? Are you a problem solver? Do you enjoy a mental toughness? Do you have peer respect? If you possess these qualities we encourage you to become a candidate to participate in the 2017 CAR Leadership Academy.
The CAR Leadership Academy . . .
- Identifies the “Best of the Best’ - individuals who are willing to give their time, talent and expertise to ensure the continued vitality and solidity of the CAR’s future leadership;
- Builds leadership qualities in REALTORS® who want to be pro-active, bold and enlightened when asked to serve CAR or their community;
- Recognizes that real leaders are ordinary people with extraordinary determination.
From leadership training, participants can gain . . .
- The ability to identify their own strengths and management style and to understand how that style complements or detracts from relationships with those who employ different approaches.
- A deeper understanding of how the REALTOR® association – national, state, and local – works, and how the various aspects complement one another.
- A network of new contacts with whom they can commiserate and brainstorm.
When participants leave the Academy, they take with them valuable skills they can apply in their business and personal lives. Those business-building leadership skills are an attractive incentive for many members to volunteer in their community and their association by taking on leadership roles. While graduation from the Academy will not guarantee anyone preference in future committee appointments, the CAR Leadership Academy helps participants improve their leadership skills to address the challenges that their businesses and associations face.
Hear What Some of our Past Graduates Had to Say!
"Being a newer agent this experience was extremely rewarding! The various modules of the CAR Leadership Academy gave me the skills to both grow my business and appreciate all that CAR has to offer.”
~ Dominic Campo, Campo Realty
“Being in the mortgage business for 18 years I thought I had a grasp on everything surrounding the real estate industry; wrong! The Leadership Academy enhanced my knowledge of this ever changing industry, enlightened me on government issues that I never considered, and helped me better understand the business from the other side. Also the new friends and bonds you make with fellow candidates. I cannot say enough about this program and its effectiveness.” ~ Greg Tally, Marine Bank
"Personally and professionally a tremendously rewarding program! From the relationships formed and strengthened, the personal growth and development involved, and the insights into the inner workings of our Association, I couldn’t have had a better experience!” ~ Brad Dyer, Town & Country Bank Mortgage Services, Inc.
“The CAR Leadership Academy opened my eyes in ways I didn’t expect. From being a preparation for public speaking, to an inspiration for public service, the experience gave me ideas and encouragement to be not only the best I can be in business, but in life.” ~ Gail Wasmer, The Real Estate Group
(Topic areas are subject to change)
Special Kickoff Reception: Mingle with Work Group members, past Graduates & Directors
(January 5, 2017 | 4:30p—6:30p at CAR)
Session I: 21st Century Leadership
(January 18, 2017 | 9:00a—1:00p)
Session II: Public Relations & Communicating Your Message
(February 2, 2017 | 9:00a—1:00p)
Session III: Government in Action: The Statehouse
(February 22, 2017 | 9:00a—1:00p)
Session IV: Governance & the REALTOR Organization
(March 8, 2017 | 9:00a—12:00 noon)
Session V: Government in Action: City Hall*
(March 14 or 21 (TBD), 2017 | 4:30p-8:00p EVENING SESSION*)
Session VI: IR Capital Conference
(April 25, 2017 | 11:30a-7:00 p)
Graduation: Graduation will be held in conjunction with the Annual Awards Program to be held on March 23, 2017.